The Committee contributes to the wellbeing and inclusion of older parishioners of all backgrounds by providing information & opportunities to connect with support services. It partners with and promotes the activities of parishes, service providers and advocacy groups in their work to assist older parishioners to participate in their communities & to lead safe & fulfilling lives.
What do members do?
Monthly 1.5hr meetings alternating in our Wollongong and Campbelltown offices. We try to car pool when we can.
As a representative of your parish community, we ask that listen to the concerns of older parishioners and their families, bring ideas forward and help us to take positive actions. Some of this could include:
- luncheons, information sessions, pastoral care
- assist with coordinating three 'Ageing with Confidence' sessions in Campbelltown, Wollongong and Nowra in 2023 targeting seniors and their loved ones
What experience do you need?
- Lived experienced of aged care – personal or professional
- Time to commit and contribute to meetings
Who does the Committee report to?
Through the CatholicCare Advisory Council, the Committee reports to and advises the Bishop of key issues affecting the wellbeing of older parishioners.
How can I get involved?
Aged Care Services
- CatholicCare Aged Care Services
- Carer Gateway
- Dementia Australia
- Council Of The Ageing (COTA) NSW
- Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN)
- Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing