What it is Support Coordination?
Support Coordination is a funded support under the NDIS that helps you to understand and implement your NDIS plan. At CatholicCare we will provide you with a highly skilled Support Coordinator that will get to know you and what is important to you in achieving your goals. We will work with you to ensure a mix of supports are used to increase your capacity to maintain relationships, manage services, live more independently and be included in your local community.
What are the benefits of Support Coordination?
Your Support Coordinator is there to support you to have choice and control over your services and how you use the funding in your NDIS Plan. The benefit of having a Support Coordinator is that you will have someone to support you every step of the way, whilst building your capacity to understand and manage your plan and supports into the future.
What our Support Coordinators can do for you:
- Work with you to achieve your goals
- Explain what you have been approved for in your plan.
- Connect you to service providers/services that suit your needs
- Advocate on your behalf
- Help put together and manage your budget
- Assist in times of crisis
- Support you to resolve issues/disputes with other service providers
- Collect reports and organise appropriate assessments to prepare for plan reviews
How to get in touch
If you would like to talk to someone about Support Coordination and find out how we can help you please contact your local CatholicCare office on:
Macarthur: (02) 4628 0044
Illawarra: (02) 4254 9342
Shoalhaven: (02) 4421 8248