"The staff have been amazing support with practical help and positive reinforcement to help me find the confidence to chase my goals and take the risk moving forward into my dream job".
Benefits of the program
- Financial support for technology, training and equipment*
- Consistent support from a dedicated team member
- Personal and career goal setting
- Assessment of needs and pathways
- Advise for support, such as; child care, housing, supplements etc
- Referrals to other community support agencies
- Access to other CatholicCare Wollongong services.
- Currently receiving Centrelink Parenting Payment
- Primary carer for child under 5 years and 6 months.
Often parents of young children are struggling with a variety of issues, like being time poor, they've put others needs before their own, they lack confidence, they're financially struggling, feeling disconnected from their own goals in life and often feel overwhelmed navigating a pathway back into employment.
The ParentsNext program funds the support of a CatholicCare staff member for free one-on-one support to help parents achieve their career goals and dreams. The team member can also help access a participation fund to pay for training, technology and any other necessary costs. The program is about tailoring a personal plan to meet the parents' goals and equip them with the tools to help get them there.
The program helps parents reclaim their confidence, financial independence and their employment opportunities, which reaps rewards for them and their children.
CatholicCare have partnered with the Federal Government for seven years, delivering ParentsNext at Shellharbour, Wollongong, Dapto, Moss Vale, Nowra and Sanctuary Point. Our offices are child friendly spaces, to help patents attend relax and focus on their needs.
* If you would like more information about the program and find out if you are eligible, please contact the team on 4243 5806.
Click here to view the ParentsNext flyer.
Click here to view our Service Delivery Plan.